Thursday, October 1, 2009

One Month

 012948-1 012948

012948 012948-1

So it has been a little over a month since I have been in Africa and this week has been the most trying academically.  I had to spend the whole entire week writing and putting off this six page paper in my East African history class.  It was the worst thing I have ever written mostly because I wasn’t familiar with any aspect of African history.  So anyway, right now I have decided to spend the rest of my day relaxing.  Also, I thought I would write a blog since I haven’t posted one in a while.  There isn’t much to tell because I have basically been at school but my mother insisted that I post pictures of the “bush.”  The bush refers to the jungles of Africa, however, where I live just so happens to be one of the most modernized areas of Uganda.  What does this mean?  It means there ain’t a whole lot of “bush.”  I will however show as much forest as I can in the following pictures.  I hope you enjoy:

100_3203

I stumbled across this wild girl, she’s pretty cool when she isn’t grunting.  I’ve taught her some English words and I think I might keep her.  I think a family back home might want her :-)

100_3221

This is the view from the top of the hill that campus is on.

100_3233

I finally got to see some monkeys!!!! But you will have to look really hard.

100_3234 

More monkey.

100_2602

The Palace of the Kabaka

 

Well mom that is all I got before I go on the safari.  Stay tuned everybody because I’m rafting down the Nile this weekend so I will have lots to say on Monday!!!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're going to be on the Nile! Are you going to float by the pyramids? Not the monkeys! Don't let them sneeze on you. That wild girl looks so interesting. You should name her Matsika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put some Nile river water in a little bottle for me. Don't let the crocs get you...or the mummies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the whitest African wild-child I've ever seen!!! Must have had some strange looking parents :-) You should use some sign language to warn her about standing directly below tree monkeys though.

    Oh, the palace...now that looks like a giant ant hill. Did you go inside?

    Well, have a great time rafting the river that Moses floated in as a baby..hopefully no plagues this time of year...Wouldn't want it turning to blood or swarms of creatures coming out...
    :-) Holly's parents

    ReplyDelete
  4. wild child!! i want a little jar of red African dust. watch out for the Nile Diles! love you dean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the holly caption
    ANd. I like you
    and miss you
    and dude you know what else already!

    ReplyDelete