Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sickness

I have been sick for about the past three days and I wont lie, I’m miserable.  Apparently it’s some weird African sickness that the locals call Ebola whatever that means in English.  Just kidding. I really just have a bad cold but still it’s very unpleasant.  Since in my family we don’t believe in cold medicine (or any medicine for that matter), I did not bring any to alleviate my symptoms (although i do have an arsenal of diarrhea meds which my doctor recommended…what do I pay him for?) which are a slight fever, sneezing, and a runny nose that flows faster than the Nile River (hopefully you aren’t eating while reading this).  In light of this fact, the other day people offered to bring me medicine which they had brought with them to Africa.  I gladly accepted, so this morning one girl showed me the medicine she had available.  I was looking through the options when one caught my eye.  It said roughly “Cold Medicine” and underneath the words “Severe.”  I thought to myself, “Yep, that’s me.”  I eagerly snatched it up.  I feel much better now (oooooooohhhhhhhhh creepy Six Sense reference).  Now I am sitting in the IMME quarters on my computer listening to Taking Back Sunday and others which by the way reminds me that my punk sister Lauren still hasn’t emailed me about her Blink-182 reunion concert experience!!, and I don’t mean punk as in torturted-emo-antigovernmental-musician.  Well gots to go.

8 comments:

  1. No Ebola Virus jokes!!! That was my worst African fear and probably your mother's too. Well, hope you recover quickly = )
    From Holly's parents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean!! Holly!!

    It sounds like you guys are getting to see some really cool things =) Im sorry you arent feeling well =( I hope you get better soon!! The pic of the frog is AWESOME!

    Love!
    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol ebola... that was funny dean. but not funny jerk. anyways, my blink concert :D it was the freaking ..IT!! haha. ill email you more about it. love you! hope youre feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you were joking about the ebola, ha ha. Sorry about you being sick, I hope you got some sympathy. However, did you suffer in silence? I love all the pictures. Can you take a picture of what the "bush" looks like. I read about it all the time but not sure what it looks like. Love you and miss you! So excited for you with allthe stuff you are doing. Love mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I am eating. Or I was. Ebola? That's hilarious, NOT. I miss you so much my little sugar cube. Remember, don't touch the monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dean!!! its DAD, I have no idea how i was able to sign up but I do not thing I did it right cuz my name will not appear. I hope this works. I kept asking how I do this from Lele and Lauren. Looks like they figured it out. Well have to get ready to get my WAR on, I will wirte longer comment soon, GET BETTER!!!...ok I am not signed up using anonymous, Crappy Fish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dean! I think the difference in your blog from Holly's is hillarious. You wouldn't even think you guys are in the same place, except I guess the pictures of you together are proof. Holly talks about being in the middle of a riot, and people hiding in her house, and you talk about how you found some random webcam pictures in your computer that have nothing to do with Africa. Dean Dean Dean... what am I going to do with you. Well I hope you feel better and I will try to comment on you blog more. I have my application for my international program do tonight in about 40 minutes. I am about to submit it. I want to go on the Fiji medical mission this summer. It should be a ton of fun. Hopefully I make it in. Be safe and take care of my Holly!
    Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete